# How to setup BCO directly on Raspberry PI OS
This installation description is in its early stage and any feedback welcome!
# Compile and Install the Spread Middleware
# PI Preparation
- Install a fresh Raspberry PI OS (previously called Raspbian) on your PI Install Raspberry PI OS
- Make sure you have SSH access enabled on your PI. Enable SSH
- Login via ssh to your PI
# Manually compile and install Spread directly on the PI
- Download Spread and copy the file to the PI.
- Compile and Install Spread
sudo apt install bison tar xvf spread-src-5.0.1.tar cd spread-src-5.0.1 ./configure make -j4 sudo make install
# Directly install OpenHAB on Pi
- Follow instructions from OpenHABian
- Make sure the sitemap folder is writeable:
sudo chmod ug+rws /etc/openhab2/sitemaps
# Next Step
Directly install BaseCubeOne on PI by following the Debian Installation Guide.